This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief intermediate level CE course describes the role of the clinical supervisor in facilitating the integration of counselor self-awareness, theoretical grounding, and development of clinical knowledge and skills. It was developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and is appropriate for clinical supervisors in various mental health settings. The central principles of clinical supervision are discussed as well as the various “hats” that the clinical supervisor must wear in the context of the supervisory relationship.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the functions and principles of clinical supervision.
2. Describe competency-based, treatment-based, developmental, and integrated models of clinical supervision.
3. Discuss how cultural and contextual factors, ethical, legal, and boundary issues, informed consent, and confidentiality impact supervision.
4. Evaluate direct and indirect methods of observation in supervision.
5. Summarize practical issues in clinical supervision such as distinguishing between supervision and therapy and balancing clinical and administrative functions.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.