This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
In order to keep the young people in our country healthy and mentally well, the quality of the environments where children and youth live, learn, play, and grow need to improve. This intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Child Trends, provides an overview of interventions that can help all children and youth to realize their potential for wellness. Prevention and promotion-oriented strategies at the individual, family, school, and community levels are discussed as well as new ways to think about wellness.
CE Course Objectives
1. Consider the social and economic burdens associated with current health care practices and how families access and pay for mental health services.
2. Identify how toxic stress, disparities in risk factors, and resilience can impact the emotional and physical well-being of children.
3. Provide a brief review of the research on the development of mental illness and wellness over the life course as well as the overall state of children’s mental health.
4. Describe the disconnect between the needs of children and youth and summarize the multiple opportunities for improving children’s well-being.
5. Summarize concrete, feasible recommendations for policymakers to improve the mental wellness of children and youth.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.