CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Positive psychology is a relatively new field that focuses on enhancing well-being and optimal functioning and that includes themes such as savoring, gratitude, kindness, promoting positive relationships, and pursuing hope and meaning. This intermediate continuing education course, developed using information from the BMC Psychiatry Journal, is to examine the effects of positive psychology interventions on well-being, depression, anxiety, and stress in clinical samples with psychiatric or somatic disorders, as well as to evaluate its cost-effectiveness. Findings from a systematic review are presented as well as results of a specific study analyzing the cost effects of a guided positive psychology intervention and how it impacted flourishing mental health, anxiety and depressive symptoms.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the components and benefits of positive psychology interventions.
2. Identify what research is saying about how positive psychology may impact overall well-being, promote flourishing mental health, and reduce anxiety, depression and stress.
3. Discuss specific background information, methods, and characteristics of studies examining the potential of positive psychology interventions.
4. Outline specific study findings pertaining to guided positive psychology interventions and the cost effectiveness of such programs.
5. Evaluate how flourishing is related to emotional, psychological, and social well-being and how it may serve as a protective factor.
6. Identify recommendations for future research into the benefits of positive psychology interventions and discuss their potential significance in public mental health and clinical practice settings.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2020-02-03
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.