This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
This brief, beginning level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, provides a general overview of how depression may impact mothers with young children. The course addresses basic background information about depression, and offers ideas professionals can utilize to help mothers who may be suffering from depression, as well as ways to help their families. Useful resources and handouts for mothers with depression are also included.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss characteristics of depression among mothers and outline family situations that may increase such depression.
2. Summarize tips and tools for working with depressed mothers and their families.
3. Identify how the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) can be used to enhance the screening process for mothers who may be exhibiting depressive symptoms.
4. Outline referral and treatment options for depressed mothers, including emergency protocols.
5. Review resources and supplemental materials that may be useful for depressed mothers.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.