This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Cognitive complexity is the ability to take in and incorporate diverse perspectives, and such abilities have been positively correlated with beneficial influences on counseling skills such as empathy and clinical interventions. This brief intermediate continuing education course, developed using information from The Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, provides a systematic and critical review of the cognitive complexity literature and discusses future implications of cultivating cognitive complexity in the counseling profession.
CE Course Objectives
1. Define the term cognitive complexity and explore how it can positively influence counseling skills.
2. Analyze cognitive complexity literature within the counseling field and counselor education, including how to cultivate these abilities.
3. Identify specific clinical skills that are demonstrated by counselors who exhibiit cognitive complexity.
4. Describe the cognitive-developmental theoretical frameworks that enable individuals to move across rigid stages of cognitive development into more flexible, integrative thinking.
5. Discuss how problem-based learning can be utilized to foster cognitive complexity in counselor training programs.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.