This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Alcohol Behavioral Couple Therapy (ABCT) can be a highly effective treatment for those with alcohol use disorders. This intermediate level continuing education course highlights the historical and conceptual foundations of ABCT, as well as specific treatment elements and structure. Proposed active ingredients, moderators, and mediators of treatment outcomes are discussed as well as treatment efficacy. Additionally, the use of ABCT to treat other types of substance misuse is discussed along with future directions for research pertaining to ABCT.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the developmental history of Alcohol Behavioral Couple Therapy (ABCT) and how its approaches have evolved over time.
2. Describe the components of ABCT, including treatment elements and structure.
3. Discuss the desired outcomes of ABCT, summarize research findings that support these outcomes, and evaluate how ABCT can be adapted and utilized for other forms of substance misuse.
4. Examine moderators, active ingredients, and mediators in ABCT studies to determine for whom and under what circumstances treatments work and do not work, as well as why or why not.
5. Identify directions for future ABCT efficacy and effectiveness research.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.