This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Alcohol Behavioral Couple Therapy (ABCT) can be a highly effective treatment for those with alcohol use disorders. This intermediate level continuing education course highlights the historical and conceptual foundations of ABCT, as well as specific treatment elements and structure. Proposed active ingredients, moderators, and mediators of treatment outcomes are discussed as well as treatment efficacy. Additionally, the use of ABCT to treat other types of substance misuse is discussed along with future directions for research pertaining to ABCT.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the developmental history of Alcohol Behavioral Couple Therapy (ABCT) and how its approaches have evolved over time.
2. Describe the components of ABCT, including treatment elements and structure.
3. Discuss the desired outcomes of ABCT, summarize research findings that support these outcomes, and evaluate how ABCT can be adapted and utilized for other forms of substance misuse.
4. Examine moderators, active ingredients, and mediators in ABCT studies to determine for whom and under what circumstances treatments work and do not work, as well as why or why not.
5. Identify directions for future ABCT efficacy and effectiveness research.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.