This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Drug use and subsequent overdoses continue to be critical and complicated public health challenges across metropolitan/nonmetropolitan areas. The purpose of this brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is to examine trends in illicit drug use, illicit drug use disorders, and drug overdose deaths in the United States through analyses of 2003–2014 National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) and 1999–2015 National Vital Statistics System Mortality (NVSS-M) data. Public health professionals and clinicians can use these findings to identify specific subgroups and rural/urban groups in need of targeted interventions and to monitor and prioritize response.
CE Course Objectives
1. Examine recent trends in drug use, drug use disorders, and overdose deaths in metropolitan and nonmetropolitan areas of the United States.
2. Summarize factors that influence the rural-urban mortality gap in the U.S., including those that impact drug overdose deaths.
3. Discuss the prevalence of illicit drug use in metropolitan/nonmetropolitan areas by sex, age, race, and annual household income.
4. Identify encouraging signs and causes for concern that may help public health professionals and clinicians recognize specific subgroups and rural/urban groups in need of targeted interventions.
5. Outline how living in a rural area impacts the consequences of drug use, compared to living in an urban area.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.