This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 7.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Empirical evidence suggests that behavioral health integration, often referred to as collaborative or integrated care, leads to improved care and reduced costs. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), is to assist the field of primary care and behavioral health in developing a workforce for integrated and effective care. Specific topics covered include organization-level professional practices that support this model such as advocating for a mission and vision focused on integrated care, building a sustainable staffing structure, structuring the organization, and effectively using health information technology. Interpersonal and individual professional practices are also addressed, including managing the structure and timing of integrated care delivery, communication practices, clinical procedures, and practices specific to behavioral health clinicians.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss what empirical evidence suggests about behavioral health integration, improved overall care, and reduction in health costs.
2. Describe how the vision and mission of optimal integrated care can be supported through applying a team approach, enhancing the integrated care model, and adapting to the community’s needs during the process.
3. Evaluate ways to build a sustainable staffing structure for integrated care and to assist the organization in delivering collaborative services.
4. Explore strategies to manage the structure and timing of integrated care delivery and to facilitate favorable communication practices within the care system.
5. Examine professional practices related to developing an individual clinical relationship as well those in used group settings.
6. Outline professional procedures specific to behavioral health clinicians in an integrated care environment.
7. Identify research questions and areas for exploration that have emerged as organizations work toward achieving quality integrated care.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.