CE Credit Hours: 7.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Empirical evidence suggests that behavioral health integration, often referred to as collaborative or integrated care, leads to improved care and reduced costs. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), is to assist the field of primary care and behavioral health in developing a workforce for integrated and effective care. Specific topics covered include organization-level professional practices that support this model such as advocating for a mission and vision focused on integrated care, building a sustainable staffing structure, structuring the organization, and effectively using health information technology. Interpersonal and individual professional practices are also addressed, including managing the structure and timing of integrated care delivery, communication practices, clinical procedures, and practices specific to behavioral health clinicians.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what empirical evidence suggests about behavioral health integration, improved overall care, and reduction in health costs.
2. Describe how the vision and mission of optimal integrated care can be supported through applying a team approach, enhancing the integrated care model, and adapting to the community’s needs during the process.
3. Evaluate ways to build a sustainable staffing structure for integrated care and to assist the organization in delivering collaborative services.
4. Explore strategies to manage the structure and timing of integrated care delivery and to facilitate favorable communication practices within the care system.
5. Examine professional practices related to developing an individual clinical relationship as well those in used group settings.
6. Outline professional procedures specific to behavioral health clinicians in an integrated care environment.
7. Identify research questions and areas for exploration that have emerged as organizations work toward achieving quality integrated care.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2018-11-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.