This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Sexual Violence is a serious public health problem that affects millions of people each year. This brief continuing education course, developed using information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, provides information about strategies to help communities and states sharpen their focus on prevention activities with the greatest potential to reduce sexual violence (SV) and its consequences. Based on the best evidence available, these strategies include those with a focus on preventing SV from happening in the first place as well as approaches to lessen the immediate and long-term harms of SV.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss methods to promote social norms that protect against violence and to teach skills to prevent sexual violence.
2. Summarize evidence-based findings pertaining to SV programs, practices, and policies that can impact SV victimization, perpetration, or risk.
3. Identify individual, relationship, and social structure strategies and approaches that influence risk and protective factors for SV and ultimately SV behaviors.
4. Describe ways to support girls and women through education, employment, income supports and other opportunities as a means to reduce women and girls’ risk for SV.
5. Provide an overview of how creating protective community environments can be a vital step toward achieving population-level reductions in SV.
6. Evaluate the use of evidence-based therapeutic and victim centered approaches to address the needs of survivors and improve their outcomes and reduce long-term risks for negative psychological and behavioral consequences.
7. Review how public health agencies and other public and private sectors can make a difference in preventing SV.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.