Course #: 06-949
Price: $36.00Take the Exam
CE Credit Hours: 6.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA, is to provide an overview of psychosocial problems and disorders that occur among school-aged youth. Specific considerations for attention problems, conduct and behavior problems, anxiety problems, affect and mood disorders, and social and interpersonal problems in children are presented as well as ways to increase the school’s capacity to prevent and ameliorate such problems. Additionally, the role of the environment in commonly identified social problems is discussed as well as how stressful events in a youngster’s life can lead to common behavioral responses.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the role of the environment in commonly identified social problems and how stressful events in a youngster’s life can lead to common behavioral responses.
2. Evaluate a range of programs to address behavioral, emotional, and learning problems including accommodations to reduce problems in these areas.
3. Identify various psychosocial problems that impact school-aged youth, developmental variations that may occur, and interventions for specific problems.
4. Outline specific considerations for attention problems, conduct and behavior problems, anxiety problems, affect and mood disorders, and social and interpersonal problems in children.
5. Describe common mislabeling of youngsters who manifest emotional upset, misbehavior, and learning problems.
6. Summarize ways to increase the school’s capacity to prevent and ameliorate problems.
7. Differentiate between developmental behaviors that are within the range of expected behaviors, those that disrupt functioning, and those that meet the criteria of a mental disorder.
This course expires on 10/03/2023
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2019-02-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.