This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 6.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA, is to provide an overview of psychosocial problems and disorders that occur among school-aged youth. Specific considerations for attention problems, conduct and behavior problems, anxiety problems, affect and mood disorders, and social and interpersonal problems in children are presented as well as ways to increase the school’s capacity to prevent and ameliorate such problems. Additionally, the role of the environment in commonly identified social problems is discussed as well as how stressful events in a youngster’s life can lead to common behavioral responses.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the role of the environment in commonly identified social problems and how stressful events in a youngster’s life can lead to common behavioral responses.
2. Evaluate a range of programs to address behavioral, emotional, and learning problems including accommodations to reduce problems in these areas.
3. Identify various psychosocial problems that impact school-aged youth, developmental variations that may occur, and interventions for specific problems.
4. Outline specific considerations for attention problems, conduct and behavior problems, anxiety problems, affect and mood disorders, and social and interpersonal problems in children.
5. Describe common mislabeling of youngsters who manifest emotional upset, misbehavior, and learning problems.
6. Summarize ways to increase the school’s capacity to prevent and ameliorate problems.
7. Differentiate between developmental behaviors that are within the range of expected behaviors, those that disrupt functioning, and those that meet the criteria of a mental disorder.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.