This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Reactive attachment disorder (RAD) is a severe disorder of social functioning, and children with RAD are likely to have a complex presentation of symptoms. The purpose of this intermediate continuing education course is to provide an overview of the characteristics, behaviors, comorbidities and attributes of children and to highlight key gender variations with respect to RAD symptomatology. Additionally, the effectiveness of play therapy to treat RAD is discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the characteristics of reactive attachment disorder and the need for detailed and accurate assessment of demographics, behaviors, cognitive abilities, and comorbidities.
2. Outline overlapping features found in RAD, ADHD and autism, and highlight key gender variations with respect to RAD symptomatology.
3. Discuss how clinical awareness of gender disparities with respect to RAD expression may facilitate the overall therapeutic process.
4. Examine current literature findings to determine the effectiveness of play therapy elements and/or play therapy itself to treat reactive attachment disorder.
5. Summarize the core themes that appear to be effective in treating RAD symptoms, and implications for clinical practice.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.