This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 9.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Adhering to ethical standards is essential to the safe and effective delivery of care to individuals seeking addiction treatment. Specific codes of ethics, as well as state and federal laws, have been developed to guide addiction professionals in their delivery of professional care to individuals seeking their services. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course is to provide an overview, from several resources specific to alcohol and drug counselors, of the guidelines of ethics, confidentiality, and boundaries for their profession. The course also reviews the most essential and universal principles of health care ethics, while highlighting how to effectively resolve the ethical dilemmas that may arise while delivering care to individuals in need.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify strategies for addiction professionals to effectively manage and resolve the various types of ethical dilemmas and challenges that may arise.
2. Describe the four cornerstones of health care ethics and discuss protective measures and safeguards to ensure these standards are adhered to.
3. Evaluate NAADAC’s Code of Ethics and determine how addition professionals use its principles to guide their delivery of professional care to individuals seeking their services.
4. Summarize state-specific ethical standards for addiction professionals.
5. Examine laws and regulations that protect and safeguard confidentiality for clients seeking substance abuse treatment.
6. Outline the seven fundamental steps of decision-making for addiction professionals seeking to resolve ethical dilemmas.
7. Determine how addiction professionals can best maintain personal/professional boundaries as well as competency and integrity.
8. Review numerous case studies that scrutinize ethical conflicts faced by addiction professionals.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.