CE Credit Hours: 9.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Adhering to ethical standards is essential to the safe and effective delivery of care to individuals seeking addiction treatment. Specific codes of ethics, as well as state and federal laws, have been developed to guide addiction professionals in their delivery of professional care to individuals seeking their services. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course is to provide an overview, from several resources specific to alcohol and drug counselors, of the guidelines of ethics, confidentiality, and boundaries for their profession. The course also reviews the most essential and universal principles of health care ethics, while highlighting how to effectively resolve the ethical dilemmas that may arise while delivering care to individuals in need.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify strategies for addiction professionals to effectively manage and resolve the various types of ethical dilemmas and challenges that may arise.
2. Describe the four cornerstones of health care ethics and discuss protective measures and safeguards to ensure these standards are adhered to.
3. Evaluate NAADAC’s Code of Ethics and determine how addition professionals use its principles to guide their delivery of professional care to individuals seeking their services.
4. Summarize state-specific ethical standards for addiction professionals.
5. Examine laws and regulations that protect and safeguard confidentiality for clients seeking substance abuse treatment.
6. Outline the seven fundamental steps of decision-making for addiction professionals seeking to resolve ethical dilemmas.
7. Determine how addiction professionals can best maintain personal/professional boundaries as well as competency and integrity.
8. Review numerous case studies that scrutinize ethical conflicts faced by addiction professionals.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2018-09-05
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.