This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The growing awareness of human trafficking in the United States and abroad, as well as the impact on the physical and behavioral health of the victims, requires government and human services agencies to reevaluate old policies and develop new ones for identifying and serving victims. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Child Welfare Information Gateway, is to explore how children who have been victimized as well as children that are at greater risk for future victimization can be supported. It provides background information about the issue, including its scope, relevant legislation and initiatives, and strategies that agencies can implement to address the trafficking of children. In addition, Federal legislation related to identifying and serving minor victims of human trafficking is presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Differentiate between labor and sex trafficking and describe the scope of the problem.
2. Outline the risk factors that make children particularly vulnerable to human trafficking, and how trafficked children often intersect with child welfare and juvenile justice settings.
3. Describe federal initiatives and legislation that has been enacted in response to human trafficking.
4. Summarize the physical, behavioral health, housing, education, employment, and legal needs of human trafficking victims.
5. Identify how service programs can best be designed to meet the needs of victims as well as how to raise community awareness.
6. Discuss specific strategies to identify, screen, and assist children who have been involved in human trafficking, and to connect them with needed services.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.