CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Effective school counseling practice requires attention to numerous pertinent areas, including navigating ethical decision-making, assisting young people during complex developmental stages, meeting the linguistic, cultural, and social needs of various students, and attending to personal preparation and career development. This advanced-level continuing education course, developed using information from the Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, identifies research findings and practical applications for the school counseling profession in the areas of ethics, identity development, counselor perceptions, working with marginalized populations, and professional development.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explore ethical decision-making practices of school counselors and resources that are available to help navigate these situations.
2. Review an ethical dilemma case study and determine how personal values, ethical obligations, and administrative boundaries can impact actions.
3. Evaluate school counselors’ perspectives and practices as they help young people explore complex life and developmental stages.
4. Identify implications for professional school counselors in supporting the academic, social, and career development needs of diverse populations.
5. Discuss specific challenges faced by urban school counselors, including professional development and supervision needs.
6. Outline how school counselors conceptualize professional peer group membership and compensate for isolation within their work settings.
7. Summarize implications and directions for future research to guide the counseling profession.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2017-05-05
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.