This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
A growing body of evidence demonstrates the efficacy of using dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to treat individuals diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the BioMed Central journal, is to summarize the effectiveness of a 12-month standard DBT program for individuals for with borderline personality disorder (DBT) in a community mental health setting. Study background, methods, results, and conclusions are highlighted as well as a discussion of future implications and directions.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss characteristics, symptoms, and quality of life considerations for individuals with borderline personality disorder.
2. Identify the components of dialectical behavior therapy and determine the rationale for using a DBT program to treat BPD.
3. Evaluate methods, results, implications, and conclusions of a study to determine the effectiveness of a 12-month DBT program for individuals with DBT in a community health setting.
4. Assess client outcomes in terms of borderline symptoms, anxiety, hopelessness, depression, and quality of life, as well as client progress across time-points during treatment.
5. Identify future directions for the use of DBT to treat BPD, including how family and systemic work can further enhance the effectiveness of DBT.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.