CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
A growing body of evidence demonstrates the efficacy of using dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to treat individuals diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the BioMed Central journal, is to summarize the effectiveness of a 12-month standard DBT program for individuals for with borderline personality disorder (DBT) in a community mental health setting. Study background, methods, results, and conclusions are highlighted as well as a discussion of future implications and directions.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss characteristics, symptoms, and quality of life considerations for individuals with borderline personality disorder.
2. Describe the components of dialectical behavior therapy and determine the rationale for using a DBT program to treat BPD.
3. Explain methods, results, implications, and conclusions of a study to determine the effectiveness of a 12-month DBT program for individuals with DBT in a community health setting.
4. Assess client outcomes in terms of borderline symptoms, anxiety, hopelessness, depression, and quality of life, as well as client progress across time-points during treatment.
5. Identify future directions for the use of DBT to treat BPD, including how family and systemic work can further enhance the effectiveness of DBT.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.