This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although millions of people continue to be impacted by substance use problems and substance use disorders, a spectrum of effective strategies and services are available to identify, treat, and manage these issues. This intermediate level course, developed using information from The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health, provides an overview of the scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of treatment interventions, therapies, services, and medications available to identify, treat, and manage substance use problems and disorders. Early intervention approaches, treatment engagement methods, and principles of effective treatment are presented, as well as various treatment strategies.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize key research findings pertaining to substance use disorder treatment.
2. Examine the principles of effective treatment and treatment planning for substance use disorders.
3. Describe the early intervention and treatment components of the continuum of care for substance misuse.
4. Discuss treatment engagement and harm reduction interventions for individuals who have a substance use disorder but who may not be ready to enter treatment.
5. Outline evidence-based clinical services designed to improve health and function, including medications and behavioral therapies.
6. Identify emerging treatment technologies that are increasingly being used to support the assessment, treatment, and maintenance of continuing contact with individuals with substance use disorders.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.