This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although millions of people continue to be impacted by substance use problems and substance use disorders, a spectrum of effective strategies and services are available to identify, treat, and manage these issues. This intermediate level course, developed using information from The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health, provides an overview of the scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of treatment interventions, therapies, services, and medications available to identify, treat, and manage substance use problems and disorders. Early intervention approaches, treatment engagement methods, and principles of effective treatment are presented, as well as various treatment strategies.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize key research findings pertaining to substance use disorder treatment.
2. Examine the principles of effective treatment and treatment planning for substance use disorders.
3. Describe the early intervention and treatment components of the continuum of care for substance misuse.
4. Discuss treatment engagement and harm reduction interventions for individuals who have a substance use disorder but who may not be ready to enter treatment.
5. Outline evidence-based clinical services designed to improve health and function, including medications and behavioral therapies.
6. Identify emerging treatment technologies that are increasingly being used to support the assessment, treatment, and maintenance of continuing contact with individuals with substance use disorders.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.