This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Preliminary research findings suggest that Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), an evidence-based treatment for PTSD, may also reduce craving and relapse rates when applied in substance abuse treatment. This intermediate continuing education course, developed using information from BMC Psychiatry, discusses potential feasibility of using EMDR for alcohol dependent individuals, and what the promising benefits could be compared to treatment as usual. Mediators, moderators, and predictors of alcohol use are addressed as well as research on EMDR and addiction. Additionally, various assessment instruments that measure drinking behavior, the severity of use, and treatment outcomes are discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe mediators, moderators and predictors of alcohol use and relapse and factors that may escalate craving intensity.
2. Identify the core components of EMDR and highlight research findings pertaining to its use and effectiveness in treating addiction.
3. Discuss the potential feasibility for using EMDR to treat alcohol dependent individuals compared to treatment as usual.
4. Evaluate how EMDR may be used to target episodic drug memories to reduce craving, alcohol consumption and relapse rates.
5. Compare various assessment instruments that measure drinking behavior, the severity of use, and treatment outcomes for alcohol use disorder.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.