This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although in recent years women and girls of color have made tremendous progress in terms of overall health and well-being, many challenges and disparities still exist. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from The White House Council on Women and Girls in order to summarize how women of color are progressing in the areas of education, economic security, health, criminal and juvenile justice, and violence. Additionally, data are presented to summarize advances and continued areas of struggle, as well as policies, programs, and initiatives that are attempting to address persistent gaps experienced by women of color.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss progress made by women of color in the areas of security, health, and well-being issues as well as barriers and disparities that still exist.
2. Analyze data that summarizes the current administration’s policy impacts on women of color.
3. Identify programs and initiatives that have tackled education and economic gaps that still persist among women of color.
4. Evaluate the factors and challenges that women of color face pertaining to their health, including risk factors for serious diseases, HIV/AIDS prevalence, maternal and health issues, and reproductive sexual health concerns.
5. Summarize how women of color are impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault, including barriers to receiving support and justice.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.