This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief, beginning level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institute on Aging, provides strategies to help individuals and their families as they trasition through the end of life. The course provides suggestions on how to ease physical and emotional discomfort while meeting the needs of the individual during this difficult time. Additionally, ways to work with healthcare providers to give the dying person the best end of life care possible are presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify strategies to assist the dying individual in areas of overall comfort, mental and emotional needs, spiritual, and practical tasks.
2. Describe physical difficulties that commonly occur near end of life, and ways to ease discomfort.
3. Discuss fears, concerns, changes in mood, and other mental and emotional stressors that may arise with this population.
4. Evaluate the importance of spiritual support for many dying individuals and summarize how spiritual needs may be met.
5. Outline practical tasks that may need to be attended at the end of life and actions to support the caregiver.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.