This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Positive psychology interventions are being incorporated into classrooms all over the world, and while they may be very promising in helping students build the strengths and skills needed to thrive, these strategies also have received criticism. The purpose of this brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from Frontiers in Psychology, is to explore the components of positive psychology and how it can be most effectively implemented in schools. The criticisms of positive psychology are also presented, as well as suggestions for addressing them. Additionally, the contextual positive psychology (CPP) model DNA-V is presented as an example of how to provide students with skills to adapt to their environment in a way that is value consistent and helps them reach their full potential.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the components of positive psychology and the benefits of using its techniques to help students thrive.
2. Differentiate between content-focused positive interventions and context-focused positive interventions.
3. Discuss the criticisms of positive psychology, and strategies to overcome these criticisms.
4. Describe the contextual positive psychology (CPP) model DNA-V and determine how it can help students adapt to their environment in order to achieve their full potential.
5. Outline specific policy implications for how to best implement and evaluate positive education programs so that they do not do more harm than good.
6. Evaluate ways that CPP approaches can increase the likelihood that adolescent groups will engage in nurturing and cooperative behavior.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.