This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
For many people, chronic pain can be difficult to manage, and it may be particularly complicated for those who are in recovery from substance abuse or mental illness. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMSHA), is intended to provide strategies to help individuals and their health care providers work together to manage pain. Treatment options are covered as well as specific steps that people can take to most safely and effectively handle their pain while enhancing their quality of life.
CE Course Objetives
1. Discuss how to effectively work with primary care providers and behavioral health professionals to manage chronic pain.
2. Summarize specific issue and solutions for chronic pain sufferers who are in recovery from substance abuse or mental illness.
3. Identify various medications that are used to treat chronic pain, including narcotic and non-narcotic substances.
4. Describe alternative interventions for pain such as nutritional supplements, massage, chiropractic care, meditation, electronic stimulation, and acupuncture.
5. Review lifestyle factors that can impact pain, and describe how chronic pain sufferers can manage their pain and continue to enjoy life.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.