CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The role of self-regulation in enabling educational achievement and in promoting physical, emotional, social and economic health across the lifespan is widely recognized. This brief, intermediate level education course, developed using information from the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, US. Department of Health and Human Services, provides a framework for understanding self-regulation and its development, and in particular how it impacts adolescents. Key principals are discussed as well as how acute and chronic stress impact the development of self-regulation, and what the science of adolescent self-regulation is saying.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the key principals of self-regulation and its development.
2. Evaluate the factors that influence how a young person will self-regulate in any given situation.
3. Discuss how acute and chronic stress impact the development of self-regulation and what research is saying about its relationship.
4. Identify the need to focus on self-regulation in older adolescents and young adults, as well as the impact of self-regulation interventions during this critical period.
5. Outline research findings pertaining to the challenges and potential solutions surrounding scientific communication about self-regulation during adolescence.
6. Review strategies to increase public understanding and support for interventions designed to improve developmental outcomes among this age group.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2017-04-03
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.