This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The role of self-regulation in enabling educational achievement and in promoting physical, emotional, social and economic health across the lifespan is widely recognized. This brief, intermediate level education course, developed using information from the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, US. Department of Health and Human Services, provides a framework for understanding self-regulation and its development, and in particular how it impacts adolescents. Key principals are discussed as well as how acute and chronic stress impact the development of self-regulation, and what the science of adolescent self-regulation is saying.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the key principals of self-regulation and its development.
2. Evaluate the factors that influence how a young person will self-regulate in any given situation.
3. Discuss how acute and chronic stress impact the development of self-regulation and what research is saying about its relationship.
4. Identify the need to focus on self-regulation in older adolescents and young adults, as well as the impact of self-regulation interventions during this critical period.
5. Outline research findings pertaining to the challenges and potential solutions surrounding scientific communication about self-regulation during adolescence.
6. Review strategies to increase public understanding and support for interventions designed to improve developmental outcomes among this age group.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.