This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 6.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report in order to present an overview of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including Hepatitis C, HIV, diseases characterized by genital, anal, and perianal ulcers, and syphilis. The guidelines presented in this report are intended to assist healthcare providers as they provide individuals with STD treatment, prevention strategies, and diagnostic recommendations. Clinical guidance, emerging issues, and factors pertaining to special populations are presented along with screening, assessment, and care strategies for clients and their partners. Additonally, the importance of including behavioral and psychosocial services, especially for alcohol and drug addiction and for mental health problems, is discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. List the CDC guidelines to assist healthcare providers in preventing and treating STDs, including the five major prevention and care strategies.
2. Describe practices to assess STD behavioral and biologic risk, while also obtaining sexual histories and addressing risk reduction.
3. Discuss specific prevention methods for individuals and their partners.
4. Identify particular STD prevention and treatment needs of special populations such as pregnant women, adolescents, corrections populations, men who have sex with men, women who have sex with women, and transgender individuals.
5. Assess pertinent issues as well as unique needs facing those with HIV infection, and discuss detection, counseling, treatment, and referral.
6. Demonstrate the importance of including behavioral and psychosocial services, especially for alcohol and drug addiction and for mental health problems, for those with STDs.
7. Identify the stages, diagnostic approaches, therapeutic recommendations, and special care needs for individuals with syphilis.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.