This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the National Institute of Mental Health, provides a concise overview of anxiety disorders, including prevalence, signs and symptoms, and probable causes. A summary of treatment options is also presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the signs, symptoms, and causes of obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social phobia, panic disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.
2. Discuss the use of psychotherapy and medication to treat anxiety disorders, and where to go for help.
3. Explore the role of research in understanding the causes of these conditions and in supporting treatment.
4. Identify risk and resilience factors that may impact the development of anxiety disorders.
5. Differentiate between the way in which adults and children may experience anxiety.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.