This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The appropriate use of digital health information can help promote better health outcomes, smarter spending, and healthier people, but providers and individuals alike must trust that an individual’s health information is private and secure. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, is to help health care providers better understand how to integrate federal health information privacy and security requirements into their practices, and to ensure confidentiality and accuracy of electronic health records. Ways to help cultivate patients’ trust are included as well as specific HIPAA protections.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss strategies to increase patient trust and information integrity through privacy and security.
2. Summarize provider responsibilities under The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and how these requirements pertain to an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
3. Outline patient health information rights, including access to their records, and their rights to restrict information.
4. Identify specific considerations for keeping patients’ health information secure with electronic health records.
5. Summarize the components of Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs.
6. Describe the steps for implementing a security management process in a health care organization.
7. Consider penalties that may occur for failing to comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Rules.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.