This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The appropriate use of digital health information can help promote better health outcomes, smarter spending, and healthier people, but providers and individuals alike must trust that an individual’s health information is private and secure. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, is to help health care providers better understand how to integrate federal health information privacy and security requirements into their practices, and to ensure confidentiality and accuracy of electronic health records. Ways to help cultivate patients’ trust are included as well as specific HIPAA protections.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss strategies to increase patient trust and information integrity through privacy and security.
2. Summarize provider responsibilities under The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and how these requirements pertain to an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
3. Outline patient health information rights, including access to their records, and their rights to restrict information.
4. Identify specific considerations for keeping patients’ health information secure with electronic health records.
5. Summarize the components of Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs.
6. Describe the steps for implementing a security management process in a health care organization.
7. Consider penalties that may occur for failing to comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Rules.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.