This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using material from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, provides valuable information about prevention and control of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and tuberculosis (TB) for persons who use drugs illicitly. In addition, it summarizes existing evidence of effectiveness for practices to support delivery of integrated prevention services. The goal of such integration is to offer providers and programs the opportunity to address multiple infectious diseases and related health conditions at one time or at a single facility, thereby increasing the likelihood that clients will receive needed services. The course will be beneficial for decision makers, health-care providers, social service providers, and prevention and treatment professionals.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify strategies to incorporate recommended science-based public health strategies in service delivery for persons who use drugs.
2. Summarize how treatment of infectious diseases and treatment of substance use and mental disorders contribute to prevention of transmission of infectious diseases.
3. Outline of the epidemiology of illicit drug use and of HIV infection, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB among persons in the United States.
4. Describe special considerations that affect the prevention and control of infectious diseases among persons who use drugs illicitly.
5. Discuss practical aspects of delivery of integrated prevention services.
6. Review screening and counseling service recommendations for reducing and eliminating incident infections among persons who use drugs illicitly.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.