This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The use of electronic media and information technologies in behavioral health treatment, recovery support, and prevention programs is rapidly gaining acceptance. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, provides an overview of behavioral health technologies and how they can be integrated into existing services. Additionally, emerging technologies and future opportunities are discussed as well as legal and ethical considerations.
1. Summarize current technology-based assessments and interventions that target behavioral health and review the evidence supporting the effectiveness of such interventions.
2. Examine opportunities for technology to impact behavioral health by improving early access to care, enhancing client engagement and education, targeting specific interventions, as well as in other areas.
3. Describe principles that guide the use of technology in the behavioral health arena.
4. Discuss significant developments in technology that continue to emerge and how they may be integrated into behavioral health services.
5. Identify unique ethical and legal considerations that may impact the use of technology in behavioral health settings, including essential elements of informed consent and factors to consider when using electronic health records.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.