This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This beginning level course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and is designed to give an overview of pertinent health issues facing LGBT populations. Physical and behavioral health factors are addressed as well as schools of thoughts and theories on gender development. Finally, key terms and definitions along with research findings relevant to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals are discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline current behavioral and physical health issues among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) populations.
2. Identify terms and definitions related to gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation and the need for prevention specialists and healthcare providers to understand these terms.
3. Give a brief overview of various theories and schools of thoughts about how people develop, accept, and express their gender identity.
4. Discuss current research findings and research limitations related to the needs, experiences, and health status of LGBT Americans.
5. List substance abuse-related resources, other LGBT health-related resources, and LGBT advocacy, education, research, and services resources that are available to assist LGBT populations.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.