This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This beginning level course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and is designed to give an overview of pertinent health issues facing LGBT populations. Physical and behavioral health factors are addressed as well as schools of thoughts and theories on gender development. Finally, key terms and definitions along with research findings relevant to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals are discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline current behavioral and physical health issues among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) populations.
2. Identify terms and definitions related to gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation and the need for prevention specialists and healthcare providers to understand these terms.
3. Give a brief overview of various theories and schools of thoughts about how people develop, accept, and express their gender identity.
4. Discuss current research findings and research limitations related to the needs, experiences, and health status of LGBT Americans.
5. List substance abuse-related resources, other LGBT health-related resources, and LGBT advocacy, education, research, and services resources that are available to assist LGBT populations.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.