This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Changes in marijuana laws and policies for medical and/or recreational use suggest that marijuana is gaining greater acceptance in our society. The purpose of this brief intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), is to summarize the most current information science has to offer about marijuana and its effects on those who use it at any age. The scope of its use across the United States, methods of consumption, short and long-term effects, and medical uses are discussed. In addition, marijuana dependence and addiction are addressed as well as available treatment options.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify various forms of marijuana and methods of consumption.
2. Describe the scope of marijuana use in the United States and how consumption rates and use patterns have evolved.
3. Summarize the short and long-term effects of marijuana use and how it produces these effects.
4. Discuss how marijuana use may affect school, work, and social health and its linkage to psychiatric disorders.
5. Evaluate the safety and efficacy of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
6. Outline characteristics of marijuana dependence and addiction as well as available treatment options.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.