This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief, intermediate level course was developed using SAMHSA’s Tip 51 Quick Guide for Clinicians in order to provide an overview of the specific substance abuse treatment needs of women. Topics covered include gender-responsive treatment principles, patterns associated with women’s substance use, screening and assessment, and various treatment considerations. The course provides pertinent information to behavioral health counselors and clinicians, focusing on tools, techniques, and concerns related to providing substance use disorders services to women in behavioral health settings.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the distinctive characteristics and biopsychosocial issues associated with women who have substance use disorders.
2. Identify factors that protect against the development of substance abuse and dependence as well as circumstances associated with women’s substance use.
3. Describe the screening and assessment methods designed to meet the specific needs of women, including trauma-informed screening, culturally responsive screening and assessment, and pregnancy screening.
4. Evaluate barriers and strategies that influence treatment engagement and retention along with treatment planning considerations that impact women.
5. Review the physiological effects of alcohol and drug use in women.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.