This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This intermediate level continuing education course. developed using information from The University of South Florida, Florida Medicaid Drug Therapy Management Program, gives a brief overview of evidence-based recommendations for prescribing psychotherapeutic medication to treat severe mental illness. Principles of practice to guide clinicians are presented as well as specific considerations when using medications to treat schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, and mood disorders in pregnancy. Strategies to incorporate assessment and evaluation into routine clinical practice are included as well as guidelines for achieving optimal outcomes with currently available medications.
CE Course Objectives
1 Summarize general principles of clinical practice for treating severe mental illness as well as the primary goals of care for various disorders.
2. Identify psychiatric medications that are most often prescribed for treating schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, and mood disorders in pregnancy.
3. Understand important differences between classes of medications used for treating these conditions.
4. Discuss ways to incorporate assessment and evaluation into routine clinical practice.
5. Outline guidelines for achieving optimal outcomes with currently available medications.
6. Determine the level of efficacy, tolerance, and safety for various psychotherapeutic medications.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.