This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Drug addiction is a complex illness characterized by intense and at times uncontrollable drug craving, along with compulsive drug seeking and use that persist even in the face of devastating consequences. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course is to provide an overview of addiction to a wide variety of drugs, to summarize the principles of drug addiction treatment, and to address the myriad of problems faced by individuals in need of treatment for drug abuse or addiction. The course, which was developed using information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), also answers frequently asked questions about addiction and treatment and provides resources for those impacted by drug addiction.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the principles of effective treatment for drug addiction.
2. Identify how biology and brain functioning impact drug abuse and abstinence.
3. Outline various components of drug abuse treatment, including its characteristics, effectiveness, costs, and options.
4. Evaluate the unique drug addiction treatment needs and considerations for special populations such as the criminal justice involved, women, adolescents, and older adults.
5. Provide an overview of treatment programs, including the use of evidence-based strategies.
6. Review examples of specific treatment approaches used to assist various populations with distinct treatment needs.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.