CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
National estimates show that between 3 and 7 percent of pregnant women report using marijuana while pregnant. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), is to provide information on the potential effects of marijuana use, especially during pregnancy and during the postpartum period, in order to promote healthy decision-making among this population. Scientific literature on the risk factors for and adverse health consequences of marijuana use during pregnancy is examined as well as emerging and best practices to prevent or reduce such use. In addition, key components of peer-reviewed models are discussed along with challenges and strategies involved in implementing prevention programs.
CE Course Objectives
1. Examine scientific literature on the risk factors for and adverse health consequences of marijuana use during pregnancy as well as emerging and best practices to reduce such risk.
2. Outline key components of peer-reviewed models to prevent substance use during pregnancy along with challenges and strategies involved in implementing prevention programs.
3. Summarize risk factors for marijuana use and how studies of other substance use during pregnancy may inform our understanding of marijuana use among pregnant and postpartum women.
4. Describe outcomes associated with policies to prevent and reduce marijuana and other substance use.
5. Discuss tools and resources to support marijuana use prevention among pregnant women, postpartum women, and women of child-bearing age.
6. Identify facilitating factors that promote successful evidence-based practices and programs.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2020-03-02
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.