This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Tobacco use continues to kill more individuals than any other preventable cause. The purpose of this brief, intermediate level continuing education course is to provide an overview of the current dangers of smoking and to outline strategies that will combat tobacco industry marketing and other influences that contribute to smoking. The course, developed using information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office on Smoking and Health, is intended to educate and motivate smokers and potential smokers in order to fight the smoking epidemic.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the characteristics of the current smoking epidemic in the U.S. including how the risks from smoking have become deadlier over time.
2. Outline the devastating effects smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke have on the human body.
3. Discuss ways to reduce smoking rates quickly and dramatically and benefits that would occur as a result.
4. Identify vulnerabilities young people face related to smoking and second-hand smoke.
5. Summarize work still to be done to achieve the goal of a society free from tobacco-related disease and death.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.