This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Substance misuse continues to be a serious problem in the United States, causing staggering consequences to individuals, families, and communities. The purpose of this intermediate level course, developed using information from The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health, is to identify strategies for creating a comprehensive, evidence-based public health approach to address substance abuse problems. An overview of substance use, misuse problems, and disorders is presented, as well as diagnostic and treatment implications. In addition, the neurobiological basis of substance use, misuse, and addiction is discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the components of a public health model for addressing substance misuse and related consequences.
2. Differentiate between substance misuse, substance use disorder, and addiction.
3. Discuss substance misuse prevalence, demographics, costs, and vulnerabilities.
4. Outline diagnostic and treatment implications for substance use disorders.
5. Identify the key scientific findings that have revolutionized the understanding of substance use disorders and addiction.
6. Evaluate the neurobiological factors underlying substance use and misuse.
7. Describe how substances produce changes in brain function and structure and how they affect behavior.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.