This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
While misuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs is a problem throughout the United States, communities vary greatly in the specific problems they face, the groups affected by those problems, and the events that inspire people to take action. This brief intermediate continuing education course, developed using information from The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), offers concise, practical information that organizations can use to plan and deliver substance use prevention strategies in a wide array of settings, through a variety of methods. An overview of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) is presented as well as components of prevention theory, risk and protection factors, community needs, and strategies that work to prevent substance misuse. In addition, ways to address specific issues and audiences are addressed along with an overview of social marketing and media strategies and sample materials.
CE Course Objectives
1. Provide an overview of the need to implement strategies and programs to prevent substance use.
2. Discuss essential qualities of successful substance misuse prevention methods.
3. Identify strategies implemented and steps taken as communities and organizations begin conceptualizing and planning a prevention event.
4. Describe detailed actions for planning different elements of the prevention event, including event support, promotion, outreach, and evaluation.
5. Assess how knowledge of prevention theory can be beneficial in shaping actions that are credible and appropriate.
6. Evaluate community needs, specific issues and audiences, as well as social media and marketing strategies that must be addressed within prevention efforts.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.