This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Clinical supervision is necessary in substance abuse treatment and other behavioral health settings to improve client care, develop the professionalism of clinical personnel, and impart and maintain ethical standards in the field. This intermediate level continuing course, developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, presents basic information about supervision in the substance abuse field as well as general principles and guidelines of clinical supervision. The teaching, coaching, consulting, and mentoring functions of supervision are presented along with two scenarios that demonstrate specific skills.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify central principles of clinical supervision and guidelines for new supervisors, including the functions of a clinical supervisor.
2. Differentiate between the developmental levels of counselors and clinical supervisors.
3. Discuss issues related to cultural competence, ethical and legal considerations, dual relationships and boundary issues, informed consent, confidentiality, and supervisor ethics.
4. Summarize strategies to monitor clinical performance of counselors, including the various methods commonly used for observing counselors.
5. Outline steps taken by supervisors to balance clinical and administrative functions, manage time efficiently, ensure appropriate documentation and record-keeping, and structure supervision sessions.
6. Review case scenarios, notes, and comments that demonstrate supervisorial approaches and skills.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.