CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Child abuse and neglect is associated with negative human, societal, and economic impacts, and it continues to be highly prevalent. Developed using information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, this intermediate level continuing education course addresses strategies to prevent child abuse and neglect from happening in the first place as well as approaches to lessen the immediate and long-term harms of abuse and neglect. Programs, practices, and policies with evidence of impact on child abuse and neglect victimization, perpetration, or risk factors for child abuse and neglect are presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Differentiate between the types of child abuse and neglect, and summarize its prevalence and consequences.
2. Identify strategies and approaches to prevent child abuse and neglect at the community, societal, individual and relationship levels.
3. Evaluate what research is saying about child abuse and neglect victimization, perpetration, and risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
4. Discuss ways to strengthen economic support for families and to change social norms to promote positive parenting.
5. Outline the benefits of providing quality early child care and education to improve cognitive and socioemotional development and to increase the likelihood of experiencing safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments.
6. Describe approaches for intervening to lessen harms and prevent future risk posed by child abuse and neglect exposure or its associated risk factors.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.