This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
In all behavioral health professions, the overwhelming expectation is that professionals must protect the well-being of their clients. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course was developed to review ethical standards for marriage and family therapists and to provide practical examples of ethical dilemmas that MFTs may face. The report, “Ethics for Marriage and Family Therapists”, developed for and used with permission from Quantum Units Education, summarizes ethical considerations such as boundary crossings and boundary violations, multiple roles and dual relationships, informed consent, confidentiality, and professional competence. Additionally, several vignettes are presented that provide specific example of ethical dilemmas and solutions.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the assumptions that marriage and family therapists should consider when pursuing ethical standards.
2. Differentiate between boundary crossings and boundary violations, and discuss multiple roles/dual relationships in therapy.
3. Describe the components of an informed consent agreement between therapists and clients as well as specific confidentiality considerations for all clients, including minors.
4. Summarize the numerous competencies related to professional excellence and integrity, and describe possible outcomes if professional misconduct occurs.
5. Examine the standards of professionalism that MFTs are expected to maintain when they serve as supervisors to other professionals or students.
6. Define cultural competence and discuss how ethical conflicts and dilemmas may be created when traditional principles and concepts may be in opposition to values and beliefs of other cultures.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.