This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
In all behavioral health professions, the overwhelming expectation is that professionals must protect the well-being of their clients. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course was developed to review ethical standards for marriage and family therapists and to provide practical examples of ethical dilemmas that MFTs may face. The report, “Ethics for Marriage and Family Therapists”, developed for and used with permission from Quantum Units Education, summarizes ethical considerations such as boundary crossings and boundary violations, multiple roles and dual relationships, informed consent, confidentiality, and professional competence. Additionally, several vignettes are presented that provide specific example of ethical dilemmas and solutions.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the assumptions that marriage and family therapists should consider when pursuing ethical standards.
2. Differentiate between boundary crossings and boundary violations, and discuss multiple roles/dual relationships in therapy.
3. Describe the components of an informed consent agreement between therapists and clients as well as specific confidentiality considerations for all clients, including minors.
4. Summarize the numerous competencies related to professional excellence and integrity, and describe possible outcomes if professional misconduct occurs.
5. Examine the standards of professionalism that MFTs are expected to maintain when they serve as supervisors to other professionals or students.
6. Define cultural competence and discuss how ethical conflicts and dilemmas may be created when traditional principles and concepts may be in opposition to values and beliefs of other cultures.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.