This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Individuals with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders (COD) frequently benefit from pharmacologic interventions, whether for either disorder or both conditions. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course gives a concise summary of the general principles to assist in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of pharmacologic approaches to support the recovery of individuals with COD. The principles are drawn from a number of reputable resources and presented by the Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The information is appropriate for mental health professionals, providers who prescribe medication for adults with COD. and individuals who work in administrative and leadership roles at the program, agency, or system level.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the role of engagement, relationship building, and shared decision making in the initial phases of the recovery process.
2. Describe the necessity of and the process for screening and assessing those with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders, including treatment readiness.
3. Identify the need for treatment plans to integrate best practice interventions, including both psychosocial interventions and pharmacotherapy, to address each of the CODs.
4. Review principles related to pharmacologic strategies and drug interactions, medication benefits, and coordinated treatment.
5. Outline the components and goals of relapse prevention and management.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.