This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although substance abuse counselors may have tools to address depressive symptoms with clients, specific attention must be paid to implementation issues so that these tools are used effectively. This intermediate level continuing education course, developed from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) information, summarizes the important role that administrators play in ensuring that their programs and counselors incorporate the management of depressive symptoms into treatment.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify Consensus Panel recommendations for administrators to incorporate the management of depressive symptoms into substance abuse treatment.
2. Describe the effects of depressive symptoms on recovery and the benefits of addressing these symptoms in substance abuse treatment.
3. Outline strategies used when deciding whether to implement a policy for managing depressive symptoms.
4. Discuss how administrators can confront organizational change and challenges when implementing new policies, protocols, and practices.
5. Summarize leadership tasks that are critical to implementation processes.
6. Determine methods for administrators to address regulations, staff competence, community relationships, and funding when bringing about organizational change.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.