This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
This brief intermediate level CE course gives an overview of trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), an evidence-based treatment approach shown to help children, adolescents, and their caregivers overcome trauma-related difficulties. This type of treatment addresses distorted beliefs and attributions related to the abuse and provides a supportive environment in which children are encouraged to talk about their traumatic experience. Key components, target populations, features, and effectiveness of TF-CBT are discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the features and key components of trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy.
2. Identify appropriate populations for use of TF-CBT, as well limitations.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of TF-CBT as demonstrated in outcome studies.
4. Discuss what to look for in a therapist and appropriate questions to ask.
5. Describe various TF-CBT training methods for professionals.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.