This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The adolescent years are a key time for substance use and abuse to occur as young peopleÂ want to try new experiences, attempt to deal with problems or perform better in school, andÂ are exposed to peer pressure. This intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from National Institute on Drug Abuse, provides an overview of the principles of adolescent substance abuse treatment and discusses various treatment settings. In addition, evidence-based treatment approaches are summarized as well as recovery support services and referral resources.
CE Course Objectives
1. Outline the fundamental principles of adolescent substance abuse treatment and review frequently asked questions about young people and drug use.
2. Differentiate between outpatient/intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential/inpatient treatment for adolescent substance abuse.
3. Describe effective behavioral and family based approaches that research evidence supports for youth who are struggling with substance abuse issues.
4. Identify medications that have been found to be effective in treating addiction to opioids, alcohol, or nicotine in adults, and what the implications are for adolescents.
5. Discuss recovery support services that help adolescents and their caregivers acquire the skills to engage in positive social activities while in recovery.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.