This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
An essential component of the development and enhancement of professional counseling skills is effective clinical supervision. This advanced-level continuing education course was developed using information from the Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision in order to examine clinical supervision models in professional counseling and to evaluate the role of feedback in the supervision process. Postmodern approaches to counseling supervision are discussed including narrative and solution-focused methods, as well as themes and challenges of triadic supervision. Additionally, the role of feedback in clinical supervision is addressed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Define postmodernism, describe clinical applications, and summarize key themes within postmodern supervision.
2. Differentiate between narrative supervision and solution-focused supervision.
3. Evaluate emergent themes and challenges of triadic supervision including relationship dynamics, feedback, time management, contextual learning, and matching of supervisees.
4. Outline specific methods to approach challenges within triadic supervision in order to maximize effectiveness.
5. Identify the benefits and challenges of preplanning for feedback in clinical supervision.
6. Discuss how the teaching and practice of continuous client feedback in education programs can enhance clinical training and the supervision process.
7. Review clinical supervision literature and summarize implications and directions for future research to augment supervision.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.