This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 8.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The goal of this continuing education course is to provide strategies for long term wellness and recovery for those who have faced addiction. It was developed from the book, The Mindfulness Workbook for Addiction: A Guide to Coping with the Grief, Stress, and Anger that Trigger Addictive Behavior by Rebecca E. Williams, PhD, and Julie Kraft, MA. The book offers stories, worksheets, and activities to help addicted individuals get to know thoughts, feelings, and behavior patterns and find a path toward self-acceptance, transformation, and healing. Mindfulness practices that will benefit those in recovery as well as the professionals who work with them are outlined along with ways to identify the root of addictive behaviors and healthy coping strategies.
CE Course Objectives
1. Evaluate the connection between addiction and loss, and identify positive coping skills for dealing with grief and loss.
2. Determine how thoughts, feelings, and behavior patterns are related to addiction and how they can influence recovery and healing.
3. Identify how acceptance of oneself and learning to tolerate and investigate present-moment experiences can help improve relationships and impact long-term emotional growth.
4. Define the concept of mindfulness and describe how mindfulness practices can help addicted individuals participate in their own recovery.
5. Review the characteristics of addiction, the function that addiction is serving, and approaches to help avoid addiction triggers.
6. Outline strategies to heal broken relationships and build a healthy support system.
7. Examine various exercises and activities that will help facilitate self-understanding, responsibility, and lasting change.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.