CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although rates of violence have substantially decreased in the United States across all types of violence, rates of violence and the numbers of children and youth affected by it remain high compared with other countries. In this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from Child Trends, risk and protective factors are discussed, as well as intervention and prevention strategies. Additionally, a review of research and evaluation studies is presented, along with a summary of promising and proven programs, policies, and practices that can contribute to reducing high levels of violence in the United States.
CE Course Description
1. Differentiate between violence risk and protective factors and discuss how they may contribute to the experiencing of violence, either as a victim, as a perpetrator, or both.
2. Identify programs, policies, and practices that can contribute to reducing high levels of violence in the United States.
3. Examine ways in which social and cultural factors may contribute to ongoing high levels of violence.
4. Summarize violence trends in the United States as well as individual factors related to violence.
5. Discuss specific factors related to sexual violence, teen dating violence, and intimate partner violence.
6. Consider how parental relationships and practices along with overall health of parents can positively or negatively impact violence.
7. Review the characteristics of universal, selective, and indicated preventive interventions.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.