Course #: 06-831
Price: $18.00Take the Exam
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
The use of electronic media and information technologies in behavioral health treatment, recovery support, and prevention programs continues to gain acceptance. This intermediate level continuing education course, designed for administrators, clinical supervisors, and service providers, discusses considerations that are likely to arise during adoption of technology-based interventions. The course uses information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to summarize programmatic, technological, budgeting, vendor selection, data management, privacy and confidentiality, and regulatory considerations likely to arise.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Summarize the array of opportunities in the prevention and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that (technology-assisted care) TAC offers.
2. Discuss administrative challenges that are present with the adoption of technology-based behavioral health and treatment.
3. Outline the process for planning for and monitoring the success of TAC implementation.
4. Explore ways to assess the technological competence of the workforce and help staff members develop a sense of self-efficacy with the technology.
5. Address considerations for technological capacity based on the type of technology to be adopted as well as budget and data management considerations.
6. Describe safety, security, privacy, and confidentiality issues relevant to TAC in behavioral health.
7. Identify resources for providers and administrators who are implementing technology-assisted care, including tools for clinicians, supervisors, and administrators.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2018-08-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone 1-800-413-3797, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.