CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA, is to provide a framework for addressing mood and affect disorders in school-aged youth. Topics covered include defining and describing affect and mood, responding to issues related to these disorders, and strategies to promote health and positive development.
CE Course Objectives
1. Define affect and mood and differentiate between common developmental presentations and areas of concerns.
2. Discuss the continuum for classifying behavioral, emotional, and learning problems in ways that avoid over-diagnosing internal pathology.
3. Outline risk and protective factors that impact development and well-being of children and adolescents.
4. Identify strategies to prevent mood disorders in young people, and summarize evidence-based interventions for these disorders.
5. Describe responses to specific problems and disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, anger, loneliness, and self-injury.
6. Evaluate the role of positive psychology in emphasizing strengths, assets, resilience, and self-regulation among young people.
The Mindful team consists of numerous behavioral health professionals with a plethora of clinical experience as well as backgrounds in higher education, including teaching at the university level. Our three consulting psychologists review the appropriate course material, based on their experience and expertise that aligns with program content, to ensure that it enhances interdisciplinary understanding and is consistent with a systematic, research-based approach to promoting continued education and for synthesizing new knowledge into the clinician’s professional environment.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.