This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA, is to provide a framework for addressing mood and affect disorders in school-aged youth. Topics covered include defining and describing affect and mood, responding to issues related to these disorders, and strategies to promote health and positive development.
CE Course Objectives
1. Define affect and mood and differentiate between common developmental presentations and areas of concerns.
2. Discuss the continuum for classifying behavioral, emotional, and learning problems in ways that avoid over-diagnosing internal pathology.
3. Outline risk and protective factors that impact development and well-being of children and adolescents.
4. Identify strategies to prevent mood disorders in young people, and summarize evidence-based interventions for these disorders.
5. Describe responses to specific problems and disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, anger, loneliness, and self-injury.
6. Evaluate the role of positive psychology in emphasizing strengths, assets, resilience, and self-regulation among young people.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.