This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Depression among adolescents is often associated with poor health behaviors and social challenges as well as with an elevated risk for suicide. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH), summarizes and analyzes a pilot study that examined the feasibility and clinical outcomes of a brief group therapy program for adolescent outpatients with depression. Methods, contents of groups sessions, results, and limitations are discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the advantages of group therapy for children and adolescents with depression.
2. Outline the components of the group therapy model, Manualized Intervention to Cope with Depressive Symptoms, Help Strengthen Resources, and Improve Emotion Regulation (MICHI).
3. Summarize the methods used in the pilot study including population, study design, diagnostic instruments, and statistical methods.
4. Evaluate the results of the study in the areas of patient disposition and characteristics, program feasibility, and response to treatment.
5. Identify the limitations of the pilot study as well as the feasibility of further research in this area.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.