This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The American Psychological Association's (APA) Ethical Principles for Psychologist's and Code of Code of Conduct provides an overview of standards that psychologists adhere to in protecting the welfare of individuals and the integrity of the profession. This brief, intermediate level course discusses general principles, ethical standards, and amendments to the code of conduct. Topics include human relations, privacy and confidentiality, education and training, research and publication, assessment, and therapy. Course material: Copyright @ 2010 by the American Psychological Association. Reproduced with permission. No further reproduction or distribution is permitted without written permission from the American Psychological Association.
CE Course Objectives
1. Determine how the general principles of the APA Code of Conduct guide and inspire psychologists toward the highest ethical ideals of the profession.
2. Describe reasonable steps taken by psychologists to resolve ethical issues and conflicts and to provide services within the boundaries of their competence.
3. Identify the reasonable steps taken by psychologists to avoid harming those with whom they work.
4. Discuss privacy and confidentiality obligations and limitations.
5. List ethical considerations that pertain to research, publication, record keeping, education and training, assessment, and therapy.
6. Summarize the 2010 amendments to the 2002 Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.